Can I file a workers’ compensation claim in South Carolina if my accident occurred in another state or I am not a South Carolina resident?

You can file a workers’ compensation case in South Carolina if: (1) you were hired in South Carolina, (2) your injury occurred in South Carolina or (3) your place of employment is located in South Carolina. In certain cases you may receive more benefits by filing in South Carolina rather than another state. Talk to a workers’ compensation attorney to find out more about which state you should elect to file your case in.

We serve clients throughout the Carolinas from our offices in Spartanburg, Greenville, and Columbia.