How do I get answers to my questions about disability?
Look around this site and the Internet, but if you have a serious problem you should talk to a lawyer.
Getting answers from this website:
- This is a great way to start. The home page has a list of most topics that matter to someone who has problems with a disability. Click on one that seems to fit your problem and see what answers you can get. However, you should not take something written in general to be a final answer for you! Social Security disability is a complex subject, and there might be something you have not thought of. The Internet is a great place to start, but if you have a serious claim you should end by talking to someone who can check your work.
Getting answers by talking to one of our lawyers without charge:
- If you are ready to talk to an attorney, and are fairly sure that you are going to have to file a social security disability claim, feel free to call us, either by calling 1 800 775 3985, or pressing this button to connect with us through your computer. We will arrange for a conference with a lawyer. This is the best way to contact us, and the best way to get a clear understanding of your situation.
- If you call between 8:30-5:00, Monday through Friday Eastern time, we will answer immediately; after hours and on weekends leave a message and tell us when we can reach you.
- No charge for a conference.
- If you live in North or South Carolina, and do have a viable claim, and you feel we are a good fit, it is likely that we will be able to represent you.
- We will also represent folks living outside these states, though for our sake and yours we only take a limited number of these cases. No harm in talking, though.
- Sometimes local counsel will be a better fit for you. If you prefer local counsel, we have suggestions about how to find a good lawyer here.
- For more detail about who we are, or if you have a question about who we are, please click here.
You can try an email, but talking on the phone is better.
- Here’s why: If you email us and ask a question, we will probably not be able to give you a good answer unless we ask you 4 or 5 questions back. You answer those and your answers will raise several more. You will rarely get a clear answer.
- However, if you want to try that, email us here. We prefer to use email as a way to set up phone conferences.