Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

How Moving Affects Your Claim - Benef...
crack do My Theatre v3.31
Social-Security-Disability-Forum » How Moving Affects Your Claim - Benefits in Different States  

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

alex richardson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)crack do My Theatre v3.31

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2001 - 8:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do states differ on what they do to help people with disabilties?which state would be the best?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 5:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The states differ vastly, and I am sorry to say that it is beyond my expertise to say what state would be best for a disabled person to live in.

You might consider this: for many, but by no means for all, the best state is the one in which you have family and friends that can help support you in a thousand ways. Not for all; I know that many people have neither.

Whatever you know about what your state offers, post here, and maybe someday we will all know.

carol

Posted on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do all states have state disability?

Reply by Paul:
No! Mine don't, and I don't know much about it. Anyone who does, please post here.

William E. Miller

Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a 33 year old man that has type I diabetes for around 28 years. I've worked hard and steady for 13 years with my condition. In 1999 I filed for S.S.D. because I found I was unable to hold a full time job and my desease was the cause. I have nerve damage to arms,hands,legs, and feet. I have had 9 laser surgeries between both eyes. And just recently I,ve been told that there's probably more to come. There's much more I could write to tell you what physical and mental problems I have that this desease has caused but I want to get to why I'm writting. I've been fighting my claim for S.S.D. for 3 years . I've gotten a lawyer at the start and made the appeals and kept all my paper work up to date and have done everything I was suppose to do. Just last year I had to move from Ohio to South Carolinia so that my parents could help me take care of myself and I didn't die. Now I'm faced to refile a new claim so I can get the help I need in this state and get a new lawyer. My appeal was filed September of 2000. What should I do before there's no more time for me?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 4:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

William, I never intentionally make suggestions to someone who has an attorney; the best thing to do is to talk to him or her about the problem. Contact him or her; you should be able to transfer your claim to South Carolina; or you might be able to continue it in Ohio. You should carefully consider these two options. It is best to pursue the claim in whichever jurisdiction might be most sympathetic to your claim.

Nora

Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do Benefits change from state to state? I am considering moving to florida due to my sickle cell

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, May 04, 2002 - 7:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nora, Social Security Disability benefits are the same from state to state - in theory, anyway. As far as SSI, there is a minimum that is provided in all states; but the benefits available to SSI recipients do vary slightly from state to state.

Actually, if your case is ever reviewed, some areas have tougher judges than others.

kathleen gary

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are there ssi benefits in north or south carolina? thank you

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, and in every other state. The benefits that go with SSI vary slightly from state to state. The benefits that go with Social Security Disability do not.

Cheryl

Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have lived in South Carolina for 2 months and I have had 1 job for three weeks. I found out I have 2 more herniated discs and a buldging disc and may need surgery if the injections do not work. I have had 2 back surgeries in the past since 1998. I find it hard to sit, stand and walk for a period of time. Can I get disability?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 5:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes. There is no time that you have to live in a particular state before you can get whatever SSI and Social Security Disability you are otherwise entitled to.

jody albright

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone know what states are good for traumatic brain injury funding and what they offer. we are thinking about moving.

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is a great question that is beyond my expertise. I will leave it here for a while, but I would bet it won't get answered. You might try asking elsewhere on the web. If you find the answer, please come back and share it.

Evelyn Williams

Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am 47 yr. old female with Multiple Sclerosis for seven years. My husband and I have built a handicapped accessible home in Alabama. I have SS
disability and medicaid in Georgia. In the last 2 days, I have called 8 offices and cannot find anyone who will tell me where or how to apply for disability and medicaid in Alabama. Could you tell me anything to get the process started?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 6:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Call 1 800 772 1213, the Social Security Administration's toll free number, and give them the zip code for your house in Alabama. They will give you the number and street address of the Social Security District Office for that area. Try calling the District Office, but that can be difficult if it is a busy one. It is usually best to go down there. Go towards the end of the month and go before the office opens, which is usually 8:30.

Joyce M

Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 10:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When moving SSD from New Jersey to Georgia - is there some long drawn out process that I must go through to continue receiving the benefits?

Reply by Paul No trouble at all. Spend a stamp and notify the Post Office of your change of address. Then when you get to South Carolina, go to the local office and ask them to change the address on the check.

What are the terms if I wanted to marry someone who was also disabled and receiving SSD?

Reply by Paul I am reluctant to give an answer to this question, for fear that you or someone else might rely on it and lose benefits. There are certain kinds of benefit that are not affected, and certain kinds that are. A fourth of the people that I meet with are wrong about the exact kind they are getting, so if I say one way or the other, someone will read that and hurt themselves. I will say that children's, widow's and SSI checks are often, but not always affected by marriage, but I will not say what checks are not affected without talking to you directly. Hope you don't mind; I just want to be careful.

Thank you...

Michelle Bradley-Kennedy (Sweetoceanblue)

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm already on SSI/SSA and I reside in CA. and I'm interested in knowing how much of a change will this be in my benefits by me moving to a different state?
Thanks so much for your time & consideration.

Sincerely,
Michelle

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 6:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That depends on a lot of factors.

As to Social Security Disability, your check should not change.

As to Supplemental Security Income, some amount is paid in every state, but some states have differing supplements. I do not know a lot about how these programs vary from state to state.

To answer a question you didn't ask, Medicare will also be the same. Medicaid varies from state to state.

You should contact an attorney in the state which you plan to move to.

Take care and good luck.

chonnie edwards

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 4:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am on SSA AND SSI for a disabilitiy called fibromyalgia , and am looking to try to move
to NC. I need to know would my benefits be the same or would I have an increase or an decrease in my checks. As well as my medicare and caid would these stay the same, or what would I have to do to have them changed over to this state?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chonnie: Medicaid can be slightly different from state to state. I am not sure, it is possible that some states have additional benefits beyond what SSI provides. But Medicare and Social Security Disability are uniform all over the country. Just go down to the local office and let them know you are moved once you get there. Be sure to mail the post office a change of address form!

Will Hollenbeck

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am on Social Security Disability for a disabling condition which includes Multiple chemical sensitivities, chronic fatigue, and other things. I've been this way for 12 years with no prospect of improvement. I want to move to another state, but am not sure if the new state will recognize my condition the way the present state does. Could I be risking my benefits if I move? How can I know? I am about to be reviewed in my present state. Last time, the process took almost a year. Should I wait until the process is over to try to move? Thank you.

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 9:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will, theoretically the Social Security Disability law is supposed to be uniform all over the United States, and mostly it is, but I suppose there are some liberal states, say, California, and some more conservative ones, say, South Carolina.

That doesn't help you with your question; and even if you gave me the states I wouldn't know which might be better. I know a few OHA offices that are tough and some that are friendly, but most I don't know how they compare. Sorry to be so unhelpful with your important question.

jo kissenberth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 2:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have end stage liver disease and have been on the liver transplant list for 4 years with no end in sight. If I moved to another state in hopes of getting a liver, would I have to reapply for medicare and wait to be approved?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 751

Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No. Medicare is a national program.

Medicaid varies from state to state, but if you are also on Medicaid, there will PROBABLY be no problem in moving, except for the problems of transition; but there might be, if the state you are moving to has more strict rules for Medicaid. Check carefully.

Christine Shiflett

Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Both my husband and I are on Social Security Disability Benefits. I'm 30 and have been on SS and SSI for 5 years, for Mental Disabiliy. Chad is 20 and on SSI for 2 years for Cystic Fibrosis. We live in Amarillo, Texas. We would like to move near my family in Maryland. How would we go about changing our Social Security Benefits to there and would we still get them in Maryland?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 5:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Christine: As far as the Social Security Disability and SSI programs are concerned, you should be able to simply notify the Administration of your change of address, and the checks should be forwarded to your new address. But I suggest that you be sure to tell the post office to forward all mail to your new address, in case the Administration forgets to forward something.

SSI benefit amounts and Medicaid benefits and qualifications vary slightly from state to state; and there are other benefit programs for the disabled that are not connected with Social Security that vary, but Social Security Disability and Medicare programs are uniform over the whole US.

James Catlor
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to know how much each state pays for benifits and why some states pay more while others pay less

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 791

Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Generally, the states with a higher living expense tend to supplement the basic SSI amount. Social Security disability benefits are the same amount all over. I am not sure where to go to find out exactly how much you get in each state.

Carol Roberts
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Sir,

We want to move to South Carolina. How much will my SSI change there? I got close to $600.00 now. Will my Medicaid transfer?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 880

Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, if neither you nor anyone else who lives in your household has any significant income or resources, you will get $563 in SSI. Your Medicaid will transfer.

june

Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am on SSI in N.J. since 1996, plan to move to N.C. what shouls I do and will I still be able to be on SSI?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 906

Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 7:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

June: Yes. SSI is a Federal program, meaning that you should have benefits in whatever state you reside. The exact Medicaid benefits and some other aspects of SSI vary some from state to state.

GREGORY LEE RAMSEY
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HELLO MY NAME IS GREG I AM CURRENTLY ON SSD SINCE 93 MY CHECK IS 777.00 MTH. QUESTION IS. IF I MOVE TO COLORADO AND THE COST OF LIVING IS 3X HIGHER THAN KENTUCKY. (WILL I GET A COST OF LIVING INCREASE?) ALSO I AM ON MEDICARE A&B ALSO QMB IN KENTUCKY LIMITED MEDICARE COVERAGE. THIS PAYS MEDICARE DEDUCTIBLE MEDICARE CO INSURANCE AND A & B PREMIUMS. THROUGH STATE. WOULD I QUALIFY FOR HIGHER SSD BENIFITS IF I MOVE FROM KENTUCKY TO COLORADO? AND WOULD I QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID BENIFITS SINCE MY SSD BENIFITS ARE 777.00 MTH IN KENTUCKY AND COST OF LIVING IN COLORADO COST OF LIVING IS 3X HIGHER

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 985

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gregory: I almost guarantee you that you will be, in effect, poorer in a high cost of living state:

Q. IF I MOVE TO COLORADO AND THE COST OF LIVING IS 3X HIGHER THAN KENTUCKY, WILL I GET A COST OF LIVING INCREASE? WOULD I QUALIFY FOR HIGHER SSD BENIFITS IF I MOVE FROM KENTUCKY TO COLORADO?

A. Not for a Social Security Disability check. Some states supplement for SSI; for information about that, you might go to Workworld.org, which keeps a current list of what states supplement, and how much they do. I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

Q. I AM ON MEDICARE A&B ALSO QMB IN KENTUCKY LIMITED MEDICARE COVERAGE. THIS PAYS MEDICARE DEDUCTIBLE MEDICARE CO INSURANCE AND A & B PREMIUMS. THROUGH STATE, WOULD I QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID BENIFITS SINCE MY SSD BENIFITS ARE 777.00 MTH IN KENTUCKY AND COST OF LIVING IN COLORADO COST OF LIVING IS 3X HIGHER

A. I believe you mean to say Medicare A&B and QMB Limited MediCAID coverage. I am not at all certain, but would guess that you keep this in Colorado. As to what you get through Medicaid in any particular state, you might try clicking here for the Health and Human Services' website on this subject, or click here for the Kaiser Foundation list of contact numbers that you can use to find out.

Take care.

Richardine
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 12:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I have Power of Attorney over my brother. He needs to move to Florida to be near his daughter, what steps do I take to transfer his SSI Check to Florida? And do you know what the change will be, he currently gets $565 in SC. Thanks for your help

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 984

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 2:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not sure what the benefit amount would be in Florida. It will not be less than that; South Carolina as you might expect pays the minimum.

This is the sequence I would suggest for the transfer. I assume that, even though you are power of attorney, he receives his own check in his name:
1. After he gets the last check he should get in South Carolina, send in the forwarding order to the Post Office to forward his mail to whatever address he plans to live at in Florida. If you are not sure how to do this, get him and you to go to the Post Office; both of you will have to go.

2. As soon as he gets to Florida he should call 1 800 772 1213 and ask where the local Social Security office is. He should go there and explain that he has moved. The Administration will promise him that the next check will come directly to his new address, but half the time they are wrong. That's why he took step 1.

Now we'll assume that you are his representative payee, that is, that the check comes in your name, and you want to transfer that obligation to his daughter in Florida, and that she is trustworthy. Do it this way:

1. He moves without telling anyone. As the checks come, you send them to his daughter. But be aware that you are still responsible to be sure the check is spent properly, so don't do this unless you are positive that she can be trusted.

2. Have them go to the local Social Security office together, and explain about the move, and ask that she be made representative payee.

If all goes well, if you take the steps in that order, no check should be missed.

"Power of Attorney" is a state law position, and the Administration, which is Federal, will not give you the check unless you are also the "representative payee"; you get appointed representative payee at the local office.

Colleen Affinito (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My god-daughter (age 32) lives in NYS. Her mother and stepfather were transients most recently living in SC with a 28 year old daughter, quadraplegic/cerebral palsy. Mother died 12/04; stepfather has no custodial rights that we are aware of, and care is poor. Sister in NYS has arranged with NYS SSI for services to begin when she is able to bring disabled sister here to live in her home and be cared for here.
Question: Are there legal requirements or preparations to be aware of when arriving to take sister back to NY? Stepfather has agreed to release, but may post problems at actual time of transfer. Hard to say. Death certificate of mother is unavailable because funeral home has not been paid for services. Any help or advice is appreciated. Funds are minimal. Relying on donations from other family and friends to make this transport possible.

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1014

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 5:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sorry about your problems and respect your efforts to help.

As far as the Social Security benefits are concerned, the Administration is inclined, in the long run, to give the benefit check to the person with actual custody, that is the person who has the child in his or her house, provided that person is a responsible one. You should try to get this set up, and if you have problems, try legal aid or maybe a private lawyer.

As far as the legal right to custody, I am no expert; that is a Family Law question, probably of NY, but possibly of SC. Check with a lawyer or legal aid in one place or both.

Be sure to check to see whether the child might be entitled to benefits on her mother's record, since she is deceased. The mother would have to have worked a certain amount.

Take care and good luck.

Sunil Mish (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I get ssi for 3 years now in new york state and I want to move to california. ...I just wanted to know if I have to tell SSA why I am moving or give a reason why I am leaving relatives and going to live alone in another state...My disability is mental illness...Will SSA ask why I am moving? Am I allowed to move out of state? Would I have to apply again for benefits in california or will it transfer when I tell SSA...I get medicaid now in new york state...but I read that in california those who get ssi usually get medi-cal, which is california medicaid...I wonder if I have to apply for that...or will I will automcatically get it...I am now living with my parents but when I move I will be living alone...So I don't know if they will ask why I am moving...Should I tell them I am moving before I move or should I move and get a place first and then tell SSA? I don't want to do anything wrong...

Thank You, sorry for being long...

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1077

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 7:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Q. I just wanted to know if I have to tell SSA why I am moving or give a reason why I am leaving

A. Nope.

Q. Will SSA ask why I am moving?

A. No.

Q. Am I allowed to move out of state?

A. The short answer is, "yes," but the longer answer is that conceivably your Medicaid and SSI might change. Please see the links in the Jan 2005 post above to compare state plans.

Q. Would I have to apply again for benefits?

A. Not Social Security Disability or Medicare, and probably not SSI; probably so for MediCal.

Q. I get medicaid now in new york state...but I read that in california those who get ssi usually get medi-cal, which is california medicaid...I wonder if I have to apply for that...or will I will automcatically get it.

A. Not sure. Check the above link and try calling the folks at MediCal.

Q. Should I tell them I am moving before I move or should I move and get a place first and then tell SSA?

A. I am not sure what the best thing to do is, but when in doubt it is probably best to call ahead.

Take care.

robert edward rodgers (Mongomoss)
Username: Mongomoss

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1. Age.

59 ~ will be 60 on 7/15/06
--------------------
2. Grade you finished in school.

graduated high school
------------------------------------
3. The sort of work you have done.

nurse aide, home health aide
--------------------------------

4. What your diagnoses are; that is, what problems the doctor says you have.

Type 2 diabetes with neuropathy in both feet;
10 year history of depression with suicidal thoughts;
10 year history fibromyalgia;
10 year history high blood pressure
----------------------------

5. What limitations you have because of your problems.

Problems standing for any length of time;
problems walking for any distance;
difficulty climbing steps/stairs
problems concentrating and with memory
----------------

6. Your city and state.

Omaha, nebraska

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out  
This site is maintained by Paul McChesney, an attorney who has been practicing disability law for around 25 years in North and South Carolina.

If the subject of disability is important to you, or if you want to find out more about us, you should explore the rest of this site. To do so, go to our homepage, Carolina-disability.com.

Please don't take anything on this site as legal advice! Nor should you take any action, or fail to take any action, based on any communication provided through this site. Before doing that, it would be wise to sit down and talk to an attorney in his or her office. Please also see our disclaimer at this link: Disclaimer. We want to be as helpful as we can be on a website; please thank us by doing this.